Mono Frog Juicers for NCE PowerCab automatically control the polarity of a single
isolated frog in DCC powered trackwork. These units are ideal for automating single turnouts and wyes. Multiple units can be used to automate pieces of trackwork with multiple isolated frogs such as double slips switches, three ways, double crossovers and crossings.
- Eliminates the need for mechanical switches to switch the frog polarity when the turnout is switched
- Instant switching means no interruption to the engine or loss of sound
- Significantly simplifies frog wiring - especially for crossings and double crossovers
- Compatible with any DCC system (It will not work with DC)
- Simple to connect
- An economical alternative to using a Hex Frog Juicer if only a single frog needs to be controlled.
- Can be installed close to the trackwork being controlled, no need for long feeders.
If you have ever struggled with wiring up the frogs on a switch, then you will want to seriously consider using the Mono Frog Juicer. It is simple to use, and just plain works.
How The Mono Frog Juicer Works
The Mono Frog Juicer consists of a microprocessor controlled SPDT electronic switch. This switch can sense and control the polarity of an isolated DCC controlled frog. When the circuit detects a short greater than about 1.7 amps (plus/minus 10% with 2 amps the upper limit), it instantly switches the polarity of the frog. Two amps is below the reverse polarity detection point for most DCC circuit breakers and booster units so that the Frog Juicer will react before a fault is detected. In addition, the Frog Juicer switches so quickly that the brief current
pulse will go unnoticed by the DCC system. Two amps is also enough current to power a single locomotive, and since only one locomotive can be on a frog at a time it is all the power that you need. The frog needs to be electrically isolated and have no other connections to the track or DCC system.Dimensional Diagram
(Click to Enlarge)
Click on the links below to learn more about how Fast Tracks tools and supplies can help you build better railroadsFree Videos Explain How Fast Tracks Assembly Fixtures WorkHave A Question? Visit Our Online Discussion Forum!