Dual gauge assembly fixtures are the most versatile turnout fixture that we offer. A single fixture can be used to build N or Nn3 standard turnouts, as well as 11 different combinations of dual gauge turnouts. The assembly fixture in this kit can be used to construct trackwork for left hand and right hand, single and dual gauge N/Nn3 turnouts with the narrow gauge track on the left side as shown in the image below..
The QuickSticks included with this kit can be used to construct the left side
dual gauge turnouts shown in the blue shaded area shown in the image below. QuickSticks can be purchased separately to build N standard turnouts as shown in the red shaded areas. QuickSticks are not currently available for the versions that are unshaded. You need to purchase standard wood ties to complete these types of turnouts.Click the image for a larger version with more details.
If you want to use the assembly fixture in this kit to build single gauge N turnouts, you need to order our standard N scale, #6 QuickSticks
.QuickSticks are not currently available for Nn3 turnouts built using an N/Nn3 dual gauge fixture, to complete a narrow gauge turnout built in a dual gauge fixture we recommend using individual wood ties.
Dual Gauge fixtures for N/Nn3 are only available for code 40 rail. Due to the limited clearances in a dual gauge turnout, it isn't possible to fit all the necessary rails in place using code 55 rail.
To order other supplies for this kit, click on the Related Items tab at the top of this page.
Each kit comes complete with everything you need including:
- 1 - Fast Tracks Assembly Fixture for N-NN3#6 dual gauge turnouts using Micro Engineering 40 rail (DF-N-NN3-T-6-L-ME40)
- 1 - #6 Dual Gauge PointForm filing jig for the frog and switch points (PF-6-S-D)
- 2 - Frets CopperHead PC Board Ties for turnouts - enough to build 5 Turnouts (CH-N-S)
- 1 - 15ft Coil .015 inch (46 cm) small diameter solder (SP-0003 )
- 1 - Tube Pliobond contact cement with micro dispensing tip (SP-0001)
- 2 - #6 QuickSticks laser cut wood ties (LT-N-NN3-T-6-LL)
- 2 - #6 QuickSticks laser cut wood ties (LT-N-NN3-T-6-LR)
- DVD with a complete set of illustrated Users\' Guides, videos and printable tie templates
- Our satisfaction guarantee!
This kit does not include
rail. If you need rail you can order the same kit with enough rail to build 4 switches
| || |
| || |
|This product is part of our Craftsman Series of tools that are designed for modelers who want to go that extra mile to produce outstanding trackwork. You should be prepared to spend extra time and effort to learn how to use this product. Click here to learn more about our Craftsman Series of tools.|
N/Nn3 Dual Gauge turnouts are difficult to build, but not impossible, with care and patience good quality turnouts can be built.
A great source of inspiration for dual gauge N scale trackwork can be found here...
| || |
Click on the links below to learn more about how Fast Tracks tools and supplies can help you build better railroads
Assembly Fixture Builders Guide
Dual Gauge Assembly Fixture Users Guide
Building Template For Dual Gauge Left Side Turnouts
Have A Question? Visit Our Online Discussion Forum!