Part of the Fast Tracks Infinite™ Track System, this On3 Micro Engineering code 83, curved/straight Mainline Track Assembly Fixture can be used to construct R30 curved or straight trackwork quickly and easily. Build an infinite amount of curved/straight trackwork (including full loops) with a single assembly fixture.
Trackwork built using Fast Tracks fixtures is NMRA compliant and will easily out-perform any store bought track! No special skills are needed and results are guaranteed.
Fast Tracks assembly fixtures will help you build high quality hand laid track that:
- Is Highly Accurate - Build curved or straight trackwork that stays in perfect gauge - permanently
- Performs Perfectly - Completely eliminates track related derailments
- Is Robust - Soldered trackwork stays in gauge - permanently
- Is Easy To Build - No special skills needed
- Looks Great! - Get results that rival even the most experienced modelers
- Lets You Work in Comfort - Build trackwork at your workbench
- Is NMRA Compliant - Will work with any NMRA compliant equipment
In addition to code 83 rail, you will also need to purchase matching thick, pre-gapped, PC Board, Cross Ties manufactured by Fast Tracks for curved and straight trackwork. Our PC Board crossties match the thickness of the wood ties and are pre-gapped for DC and DCC compatibility.
To finish off your trackwork, add our matching wood crossties.
Building curved trackwork using Fast Tracks tools and supplies is not very different than building straight trackwork and does not require any special skills. The only real difference is that the rail needs to be curved. To ensure that the rail is properly pre-bent into shape, we highly recommend that you consider purchasing a Fast Tracks Rail Roller. The Rail Roller tool will not only make it easy to create smooth consistent curves, but will also ensure that the rail is properly pre-bent so that it will retain its shape over time.
Failure to properly pre-bend the rail for curved trackwork will result in solder joint failure over time!
TRACK BUILDER'S RESOURCES
Fast Tracks Knowledge Base
In addition to an extensive Q&A section, we also offer a full library of track building documents.
Fast Tracks Video Channel
Visit our growing collection of track building demonstration videos.