Gantlet (or Gauntlet) track is where two parallel tracks are interlaced with each other allowing them to be laid on single track width roadbed.
This allows a railroad to use a single track bridge or tunnel on a double track mainline. To achieve this, a special "Gantlet" turnout is used, where the two lines cross using a standard frog, but no switchpoints.
The same assembly fixtures can be used to build both a gantlet turnout, as well as lengths of straight Gantlet track. Like our straight and curved track fixture, unlimited lengths of Gantlet track can be constructed by simply advancing the track in the fixture as it is built.
Hand laying your own HO #6 Gantlets is not as hard as you might think! Tools and technology designed and manufactured by Fast Tracks now makes it possible for you to build your own high quality, NMRA compliant gantlet trackwork.
Build gantlets that not only look great, but will completely eliminate track related derailments and frustration.
Fast Tracks assembly fixtures will help you build high quality hand laid track that:
- Is Highly Accurate - Build gantlets that stay in perfect gauge - permanently
- Performs Perfectly - Completely eliminates track related derailments
- Is Economical - Build hundreds of gantlets with one fixture
- Is Easy To Build - No special skills needed
- Can Be Built Quickly - Build a gantlet in less than an hour!
- Looks Great! - Get results that rival even the most experienced modelers
- Lets You Work in Comfort - Build trackwork at your workbench
- Is NMRA Compliant - Will work with any NMRA compliant equipment
If you order a Fast Tracks assembly fixture, we highly recommend that you consider purchasing a matching PointForm filing tool. This will make the construction of the frog points much easier.
Currently we do not have pre-cut CopperHead PC Board Crossties available for Gantlet track. For PC board ties use our turnout size instead, available by adding them to this item in the options list above.
TRACK BUILDER'S RESOURCES
Builders Guide - Building Turnouts Using Fast Tracks Assembly Fixtures
Get a head start by downloading our track building guide for turnouts now.
Fast Tracks Knowledge Base
In addition to an extensive Q&A section, we also offer a full library of track building documents.
Fast Tracks Video Channel
Visit our growing collection of track building demonstration videos.