A well built crossing is always a great focal point on any layout, but building a crossing by hand without jigs is one of the more difficult challenges in tracklaying. Using a Fast Tracks crossing fixture will ensure the resulting track is very precise and trouble free. Crossings have many angles, and using our filing jigs with an assembly fixture will ensure all those angles are accurate.
Now you can build O code 148, 30° crossings that not only look great, but will completely eliminate track related derailments and frustration.
Fast Tracks assembly fixtures will help you build high quality hand laid track that:
- Is Highly Accurate - Build crossings that stay in perfect gauge - permanently
- Performs Perfectly - Completely eliminates track related derailments
- Is Economical - Build hundreds of crossings with one fixture
- Is Easy To Build - No special skills needed
- Can Be Built Quickly - Build a crossing in a few hours!
- Looks Great! - Get results that rival even the most experienced modelers
- Lets You Work in Comfort - Build trackwork at your workbench
- Is NMRA Compliant - Will work with any NMRA compliant equipment
If you order a Fast Tracks assembly fixture, we highly recommend that you consider purchasing a matching PointForm filing tool. This will make the construction of the multiple frog points required for a crossing much easier.
In addition to code 148 rail, you will also need to purchase matching 0.0625" (1.6mm), (7 scale inches) thick, O CopperHead PC board turnout ties manufactured by Fast Tracks.
To finish off your trackwork, add our matching QuickSticks to your order. These laser cut, wood ties will make finishing turnouts a snap, simply glue the full set of pre-cut ties to the turnout and it's complete! We also offer traditional single piece wood turnout ties as well. All of these additional items can be added to your purchase by selecting them from the options list above.
TRACK BUILDER'S RESOURCES
Builders Guide - Constructing Crossings Using Fast Tracks Assembly Fixtures
Get a head start by downloading our track building guide for crossings now.
Fast Tracks Knowledge Base
In addition to an extensive Q&A section, we also offer a full library of track building documents.
Fast Tracks Video Channel
Visit our growing collection of track building demonstration videos.