Building an accurate crossing has long been a challenge in our hobby. Not anymore with Diamond Line Crossing Kits!
Fast Tracks Diamond Line Crossing Kits make the job of building a good looking, accurate crossing much simpler. Precision cast parts and matching laser cut ties work together to ensure quick construction. Each of the castings are designed to press into the laser cut ties, automatically locating all the parts and electrical isolation gaps. The parts are simply pressed and glued in place. We recommend using Pliobond for this.
Innovative pockets in the ends of the castings allow for matching rail to slip into the casting. Rail of any length can be soldered to the crossing castings for smooth appearance and operation.
We highly recommend using Dual Frog Juicers to control the polarity of the frogs in crossings. They make wiring and operating a layout with crossings a snap! A double crossing has 4 frogs that need to be switched, requiring 1 Hex Frog Juicer (a Hex Frog Juicer can control up to 6 frogs), or 2 Dual Frog Juicers
In addition to the castings and laser cut ties, the Diamond Line kit also includes all the bits and pieces needed to successfully build a crossing, the first time in about an hour.
This kit contains enough product to build one double diamond crossing.
Included in the kit are:
- Individual frog castings and guard rail castings - mounted on laser cut bases to aid in polishing and cleaning
- Matching precision laser cut ties - precisely matched to the castings
- Copperhead PC board ties - PC board ties are used to anchor the rail in place
- Enough matching rail to build one double crossing - rail is pre-cut to length
- 2 320 grit sanding blocks - laser cut sanding blocks are used to polish the tops of the castings
- 2 600 grit sanding blocks
- Wirebrush - a steel wirebrush makes quick work of polishing the raw castings, improving soldering
This crossing is also available as a single diamond and a quad diamond kit.
Download a full size printable drawing of a double crossing built using this Diamond Line kit.
Watch the video below to see the steps in assembling a Diamond Line crossing.