The Fast Tracks Frog Helper soldering jig makes easy work of building precision frog points for #4, #5 & #6 switches with ME Code 40 rail.
This simple jig works by holding prepared rail at a precise angle so that the frog points can be pre-soldered. Its use is simple, slide the prepared rails into the jig, solder the points together and you are done!
The Fast Tracks Frog Helper:
- Is fast - Construct a set of frog points in minutes
- Is easy to use - Rails are held in perfect alignment making it easy to pre-solder the frog
- Produces consistent, reliable results - Creates smooth operating turnouts every time!
- Can be used to create curved frog points - Rail is pre-bent prior to using the jig
- Can accommodate up to 3 different turnout sizes - This tool can be used to build frog points for #4, #5 & #6 switches
Frog points constructed with the Frog Helper are ideally suited for constructing turnouts using Fast Tracks TwistTies, but can also be used for any hand laid trackwork.
To make point building even easier we highly recommend that you consider purchasing a matching PointForm tool. The PointForm tool will help you file precisely fitting frog and switch points quickly and easily and is an ideal companion to the Frog Helper tool. A PointForm tool can be added to this order by selecting it from the options above.
This tool has been designed to be used with our TwistTies products. It is not required if you are purchasing an assembly fixture, or an assembly fixture kit.
TRACK BUILDER'S RESOURCES
Builders Guide - Using the Frog Helper To Build Straight Turnout Frog Points
Get a head start by downloading our Frog Helper builders guide for straight turnouts now.
Builders Guide - Using the Frog Helper To Build Curved Turnout Frog Points
Get a head start by downloading our Frog Helper builders guide for curved turnouts now.
Fast Tracks Knowledge Base
In addition to an extensive Q&A section, we also offer a full library of track building documents.
Fast Tracks Video Channel
Visit our growing collection of track building demonstration videos.