Use our laser cut SweepSticks to aid in precisely forming On3 flextrack in a perfectly straight line. In addition to holding flextrack straight, SweepSticks can be used as an aid to track planning. They are also great for determining whether the desired radius will actually fit as planned before starting any track laying. No cheating with SweepSticks!
SweepSticks can also be used in hand laying straight and curved track, notches provide clearance for spiking. They work great for confidently centering the rail onto the wood ties. No more off center track!
On3 SweepSticks track forming tools are:
- Precise! - Form perfectly straight lengths of commercial flextrack.
- Inexpensive - Priced to allow a modeler to build a library of sizes.
- Versatile - All curved and straight On3 SweepSticks are interchangeable with each other.
- Robust - Don't let the wood construction fool you, SweepSticks are cut from stable aircraft grade plywood.
- Multiple Use - Can be used to form flextrack, plan a layout, or as a tool for hand laying trackwork.
- Vast - A very large collection of radii are available, including custom sizes.
- Compatible - On3 SweepSticks can be used with all types of commercial flextrack.
On3 SweepSticks are precision laser cut from 2mm aircraft grade Baltic Birch plywood. The multiple direction of the wood grain in plywood makes it very stable and ideally suitable for SweepSticks. Each SweepStick size includes two 5" lengths that are glued together to form a single, long piece. Additional lengths and sizes can be added for make a Sweep as long as desired.
- The end of each SweepStick forms a box joint that is interchangeable with any other On3 scale SweepStick.
- Centerline slots are provided for drawing track centerlines onto roadbed.
- Clearance is provided for spiking if the SweepSticks are to be used for hand laying track. Note: Due to limited clearance, HOn2, HOn3, HOn30, N, Nn3 and Z scales do not have notches for spiking.
TRACK BUILDER'S RESOURCES
Completing Turnouts Using Fast Tracks QuickSticks
Get a head start by downloading the QuickSticks builders guide now.
Fast Tracks Knowledge Base
In addition to an extensive Q&A section, we also offer a full library of track building documents.
Fast Tracks Video Channel
Visit our growing collection of track building demonstration videos.