S TwistTies crosstie strips for Branchline track provides the craftsman with a fast and efficient method for building realistic looking and accurate straight sections of track with ease using all wood tie construction.
Each laser cut TwistTie strip is a 10" (300mm) lattice of interconnected wood ties that can be glued or spiked directly to the roadbed. TwistTie strips have pre-drilled holes in every 5th tie for spiking rail.
Strips can be linked together using our TieClip connector to form strips of any length. Strips can also be connected to any other Fast Tracks TwistTie or QuickSticks product (used to construct Turnouts, Wyes, etc.) and can be shortened if necessary.
Fast Tracks TwistTies:
- Eliminates the tedium of placing individual wood ties
- Fixed geometry ensures dead straight track
- Can be easily spiked
- Strips can be connected together to form strips of any length
- Strips can be connected to other Fast Tracks QuickSticks or TwistTie products
- Includes pre-drilled spike holes for easy spiking
- Includes etched guidelines to verify rail location
- Matches the tie height of most commercial track products
- Are NMRA Compliant
TwistTie Flexible Crosstie Strips are cut from very pliable Baltic Birch plywood custom sawn specifically for Fast Tracks. The ties are 0.14" (3.6mm) 9 scale inches wide, 1.59" (40.4mm) 8.5 scale feet long and 0.11" (2.8mm), 7 scale inches thick, and will match commercially available wood ties and flextrack.
Each strip includes a TieClip connector for connecting the strip to another crosstie strip. You can order additional TieClips here.
TRACK BUILDER'S RESOURCES
Completing Turnouts Using Fast Tracks QuickSticks
Get a head start by downloading the QuickSticks builders guide now.
Fast Tracks Knowledge Base
In addition to an extensive Q&A section, we also offer a full library of track building documents.
Fast Tracks Video Channel
Visit our growing collection of track building demonstration videos.