Fast Tracks assembly fixtures will help you build quality hand laid track that:
- Is Highly Accurate - Build curved turnouts that stay in perfect gauge - permanently
- Performs Perfectly - Completely eliminates derailments
- Is Economical - Build hundreds of 36"R curved turnouts with one fixture
- Is Easy To Build - No special skills needed
- Can Be Built Quickly - Build a Curved Turnout in less than an hour!
- Looks Great! - Get results that rival even the most experienced modelers
- Lets You Work in Comfort - Build trackwork at your workbench
- Is NMRA Compliant - Will work with any NMRA compliant equipment
Each assembly fixture can be used to build right or left curved turnouts.
If you order a Fast Tracks assembly fixture, we highly recommend that you consider purchasing a matching PointForm points filing tool. This will make the construction of the switch and frog points much easier. You may also want to consider adding a bundle of PC Board ties to your order. Both of these items can be added to your cart from the Accessories & Optional items list below.
Building curved turnouts using Fast Tracks tools and supplies is not very different than building straight turnouts and does not require any special skills. The only real difference is that the rail is curved, so you may want to consider purchasing one of our Rail Rollers which will make it very easy to bend rail into smooth and consistent radiuses.
The outside radius of this turnout is 36"R and the inside radius is 30"R. Fast Tracks curved turnouts are essentially straight turnouts that have been curved. This design method produces a smooth, consistent outside radius and curved frog, and ensures trouble free operation. A curved frog also means that you can use our standard PointForm tool to construct the frog.
Unlike ready-to-run turnouts, the stated radiuses for Fast Tracks curved turnouts are very accurate.
Click on the links below to learn more about how Fast Tracks tools and supplies can help you build better railroads
The complete Assembly Fixture Builders Guide
How the Fast Tracks PointForm tool makes it easy to construct frog & switch points
Using the StockAid tool to file the stock rail
Soldering trackwork - easier than you think!
Have A Question? Visit Our Online Discussion Forum!