New Products & News From Fast Tracks
Fast Tracks Invests in Compassionate Care.
For the entire month of September, 10% of all Fast Tracks sales will be donated in Lionel Strang's name to the Psychosocial Oncology Clinic at the Princess Margaret Hospital. As have many others, all of us here at Fast Tracks have been inspired by Lionel Strang. Two years ago, almost to the day, Lionel was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. He was told two years ago he would not be around for another year. Apparently the people telling him this did not know Lionel very well...
A lot of us in the Model Railroading community have been following Lionel Strang for years on Facebook, and before that as an author for Model Railroader. He has provided a steady diet of most entertaining posts, almost daily. We were all shocked when he announced that he had been diagnosed with cancer and the outlook was not favorable. Since then he has lived his live in the most inspirational manner. The daily Facebook posts have become a mix of humorous, gut wrenching and inspiration, but always positive. As Lionel frequently reminds us, "there are a lot of people far worse off...", usually before hitting the road on his Harley for a 3000 mile ride.
Recently Lionel announced he was starting a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for a service he is very fond of, the Psychosocial Oncology Clinic at the Princess Margaret Hospital. We thought we would help ensure he reaches his goal!
For a variety of reasons we occasionally make an item that we did not need. Over time this excess inventory tends to build up. We sell these items off at a significant discount.
We have created a new category, seen at the lower left of every page called "Make us an offer". All the items in this category have an option for you to simply make us an offer for the item.
Doing so is very simple, click on the Make an Offer button and enter in the details, including your email and an offer in US dollars for the item. You will receive a follow up email letting you know we have received the offer and are reviewing it. If we deem the offer reasonable you will receive another email with a link where you can purchase the item at the accepted offer. If an item, such as an assembly fixture, has options available, you will be able to add those options to the fixture.
That's all there is to it! Keep an eye on this category as we will be frequently adding items from our entire Fast Tracks line.
Fast Tracks is now offering a small, flush cut rail cutter that is ideal for cutting Code 40 through Code 83 rail. Flush cut pliers are the best method for cutting rail as it will produce a perfectly flat, clean cut on the end of the rail.
This small, ergonomically shaped plier fits nicely in the palm of your hand. The compact size allows them to be easily stored, and enables you to get into tight spots with ease. The tip of the plier is long and sharp, ideal for cutting small rail.
These pliers are ideal for cutting and stripping small copper electrical wire as well! A great addition to your toolbox.
After 18 long months of development, the new Fast Tracks website is live!
Fast Tracks has always been an industry leader when it comes to adopting and exploiting new technology. The internet is evolving, and how we shop on it is always improving. To keep up with these changes and improvements Fast Tracks has built a completely new website.
Our new site is:
- 100% responsive across all platforms! Order from a tablet or even a cell phone as easily as a desktop
- Secure. Shop with confidence that your personal information is secure.
- Flexible. The back end design of this site will allow us to easily add new products!
- Large. Shop from a catalog of over 5000 unique items.
- Information rich. Check our new knowledge base for detailed information about all our products.
- Connected. Take advantage of our Live Chat feature for a quick response to questions.
- Connected to all your old information. You can access all your previous order details from our old website.
- Easy on the eyes. Designed to be easily navigated and read, we have ensured the site looks as good as it functions!
The latest addition to the Scotty Mason line of DVD's features building trackwork using Fast Tracks tools and supplies. Follow along as Scott Mason and Jim Lincoln build trackwork for their project layout.
This broadcast quality DVD will be a great addition to your collection of Fast Tracks tools and supplies.
Responding to repeated requests to offer rolling stock carrying cases similar to the boxes seen in use on Tim Warris's CNJ Bronx Terminal layout, Fast Tracks has released a full line of laser cut car totes for storing and transporting delicate models.
FreightCrates by Fast Tracks, secure, reliable transport for rolling stock.
- Secure, locking lid
- Assembles in 15-30 minutes
- Pre-Cut bubble wrap cradles included
- Precision laser cut from 1/8" hardboard
- Easy to assemble tabbed construction
- Rugged, box jointed design for additional strength
- Designed to fit equipment precisely - no compromises necessary!
A completely new approach to manufacturing PC board ties, our CopperHead ties are routed from solid PC board material instead of the traditional method of stamping or shearing.
This new approach has the following benefits:
- Crisp, clean shape - ties machined to size have very crisp, smooth edges
- Precise - machined ties are more consistent in size than those stamped or sheared to size
- 100% Flat - no warping or twisting is introduced into the tie from a shearing operation
- Less Prep Work - ties are supplied almost ready to use, very little clean up required before use
- Accurate pre-gapping - CopperHead cross ties are supplied precisely pre-gapped
- Consistant Supply - machining CopperHead ties is a smoother operation for us, allowing for a more consistent supply
To reduce the space required to mount a BullFrog manual switch machine even further a SideWinder mounting kit will allow a BullFrog switch machine to be mounted horizontally in as little as 1 1/8"! A great solution for modelers wanting to hide a switch machine on a second deck of a layout or any other location where space is very limited.
An added benefit of The SideWinder is that it will reverse the operation of the BullFrog switch machine, that is, pulling the control knob toward the operator, will move the switch points of a turnout toward the operator. On a standard BullFrog switch machine this motion is reversed.
The majority of orders we receive for BullFrogs and Control Rods are typically for multiple units so it made sense to us to add bulk packs to our BullFrog line. 5 and 10 packs are now available at a 10% discounted rate!
Double End Z Bend Connectors for BullFrogs Want to control your BullFrog Switch Machine from two locations? Using the Double End Z Bend Connectors will allow you to do just that. Useful in applications such as Free-mo layout modules, the double end connectors enable you to join two control rods to your BullFrog switch machine.
Why follow on Facebook? What's all the hype about? Our Facebook presence will allow modelers to keep up to date with the latest developments at Fast Tracks, take advantage of "special deals" and maintain a more intimate relationship with the developers of Fast Tracks tools.
Feel free to post to our Facebook wall, upload images of your latest trackwork or take part in forum discussions!
Simply click the Like button to join in the fun!