This HO, Micro Engineering code 70, Dual Gauge Transition track fixture will produce smooth transitions from left hand to right hand (or the opposite) running on dual gauge trackwork.
On dual gauge trackwork the narrow gauge equipment can either run to the left or right side of the standard gauge. Occasionally it is necessary to switch the narrow gauge from one side to the other, and that is easily done with a piece of transition track built in this fixture.
A gentle 2° angle, which can be formed using our standard PointForm tool, will ensure prototypical operation through the transition.
Fast Tracks assembly fixtures will help you build high quality hand laid track that:
- Is Highly Accurate - Build straight trackwork that stays in perfect gauge
- Performs Perfectly - Completely eliminates track related derailments
- Is Robust - Soldered trackwork stays in gauge - permanently
- Is Easy To Build - No special skills needed
- Looks Great! - Get results that rival even the most experienced modelers
- Lets You Work in Comfort - Build trackwork at your workbench
- Is NMRA Compliant - Will work with any NMRA compliant equipment
If you order this assembly fixture, we highly recommend that you consider purchasing a matching PointForm filing tool. This will make the construction of the frog points much easier.
In addition to code 70 rail, you will also need to purchase matching 0.08" (2mm), (7 scale inches) thick, pre-gapped, CopperHead PC board ties manufactured by Fast Tracks for straight trackwork. Our PC Board crossties match the thickness of the wood ties and are pre-gapped for DC and DCC compatibility.
To finish off your trackwork, add our matching QuickSticks Crosstie Strips to your order. These laser cut, wood tie strips makes finishing straight trackwork a snap! We also offer traditional single piece wood cross ties as well.
TRACK BUILDER'S RESOURCES
Fast Tracks Knowledge Base
In addition to an extensive Q&A section, we also offer a full library of track building documents.
Fast Tracks Video Channel
Visit our growing collection of track building demonstration videos.