Use our laser cut SweepSticks to aid in precisely forming HO flextrack to a perfect 137.55" radius. In addition to holding flextrack at a specific radius, SweepSticks can be used as an aid to track planning. They are great for determining whether the desired radius will actually fit as planned before starting any track laying. No cheating with SweepSticks!
SweepSticks work great for confidently centering the rail onto the wood ties. No more off center track!
HO scale SweepSticks track forming tools are:
- Precise! - Shape commercial flextrack to you desired radius. Confidently.
- Inexpensive - Priced to allow a modeler to build a library of sizes.
- Versatile - All curved and straight HO SweepSticks are interchangeable with each other.
- Robust - Don't let the wood construction fool you, SweepSticks are cut from stable aircraft grade plywood.
- Multiple Use - Can be used to form flextrack, plan a layout, or as a tool for hand laying trackwork.
- Vast - A very large collection of radii are available, including custom sizes.
- Compatible - HO SweepSticks can be used with all types of commercial flextrack.
HO SweepSticks are precision laser cut from 2mm aircraft grade Baltic Birch plywood. The multiple direction of the wood grain in plywood makes it very stable and ideally suitable for SweepSticks. Each SweepStick set will include two 10" lengths that are glued together to form a single, long piece. Additional lengths and sizes can be added for make a Sweep as long as desired.
Place an order for 44 sets of SweepSticks to create a complete 137.55" radius circle. Each set includes 2 10" (304mm) lengths.
- The end of each SweepStick forms a box joint that is interchangeable with any other HO SweepStick.
- Centerline slots are provided for drawing track centerlines onto roadbed.
- Clearance is provided for spiking if the SweepSticks are to be used for hand laying track. Note: Due to limited clearance, HOn2, HOn3, HOn30, N, Nn3 and Z scales do not have notches for spiking.
TRACK BUILDER'S RESOURCES
Completing Turnouts Using Fast Tracks QuickSticks
Get a head start by downloading the QuickSticks builders guide now.
Fast Tracks Knowledge Base
In addition to an extensive Q&A section, we also offer a full library of track building documents.
Fast Tracks Video Channel
Visit our growing collection of track building demonstration videos.